|Notable Trees in Fovant|
Yew in St George's Churchyard
Girth 3.30m - measured on 15 April 2010.
The first mention of a Christian church in Fovant is in 1267. The original building was Norman. The church subsequently fell into disrepair and was rebuilt, in the 15th century with some restoration during 1860. Five yews grow within the churchyard with four hidden behind dense undergrowth along the south perimeter wall. The fifth grows on a small mound outside the south west entrance of the church.